Situational Leadership® II (SL II®)
Developing Competence, Gaining Commitment, and Retaining Talent
Situational Leadership® II (SLII®) is the most comprehensive, up-to-date, and practical method of effectively managing and developing people, time, and resources in the world. SLII® is a model and a set of tools for opening up communication and helping others develop self-reliance. It is designed to increase the frequency and quality of conversations about performance and development between managers and the people they work with so that competence is developed, commitment is gained, and talented individuals are retained.
- Diagnose the development levels of their employees and choose the appropriate leadership style.
- Increase the frequency and quality of conversations about performance and development between themselves and their direct reports.
- Create a communication model for all levels of the organization to support cultural change and move toward a high performance organization.
- Become flexible leaders who are highly skilled at goal setting, coaching, performance evaluation, active listening, feedback, and proactive problem solving.
- Increase individual and organizational accountability by linking goals and planned intentions to an action plan.
- Identify the frequency with which they use specific leader behaviors in one-to-one situations with the people they lead, using the Leader Action Profile (LAP) assessment. In addition, employee satisfaction is measured to indicate the appropriateness of those behaviors.