Financial Literacy™ (FL)
While all employees recognize that they impact
revenues and costs on a daily basis, few understand
the true magnitude of that impact on the company's
bottom line. FL
is an experiential workshop for non-financially
oriented individuals that focuses on how everyone
affects the profitability and overall health of
an organization. This highly interactive, three-phased
program engages participants in a realistic business
simulation, an enlightening "1% Difference" discussion,
and a customized application exercise.
FL clearly illustrates
the importance of teamwork in generating results
in a real and practical way by showing the impact
of this cooperation on the company's financial
health. After completing FL,
participants will develop action plans to accomplish
goals such as increasing margin, reducing expenses,
growing revenues, improving customer retention,
and improving asset utilization. As a result of
participating in the FL
program, employees will:
- Understand how money flows through your organization and how profits are derived.
- Realize the importance of cash flow, cost reduction, sales growth, and margin improvement.
- Appreciate how seemingly small decisions have a multiplier affect on the bottom line.
- See how all areas of an organization - sales, service, production, distribution, purchasing, or accounting - can affect the company's bottom line.
- Identify specific actions they can take to improve the profitability of your company.
- Be able to analyze the outcomes of various risk and reward decisions.
- Understand basic financial principles and their ability to affect them.